A completed application is required for each adult (18 and older) occupant. The nonrefundable cost of this credit processing is $50 per adult. This cost is neither rent nor deposit, and will not be refunded or applied to future rent. Applications will be reviewed when all adults have turned them in AND at least one has viewed the property.
Applications must be complete. Any false or misleading information or intentional omission will result in rejection of the application. After approval, you will be asked to make an appointment to sign a lease. Rentals are NOT HELD until a lease is signed by all parties and the required funds are paid.
1. Does at least one applicant have 2+ years of excellent landlord history? The largest consideration is your landlord or mortgage history. Landlords that are relatives or roommates will not be used for references. Unsuccessful mortgage history (late payments, foreclosure) won’t help. Evictions less than 3 years ago may cause a decline. One bad landlord reference will cause a decline.
2. Is your combined gross household income 3x or more than the rent? We require recent pay stubs, or verifiable tax forms for self-employed. High debts (over 25% debt to income) will increase your income requirement. Proof of savings or investments may help if your income is too low. We may accept co-signers for some properties.
1. Is your credit score good? Our credit reporting company provides us with a credit score for renters. The better your credit score, the better your chance for approval. Credit scores under 650 may contribute to a decline. Under 550 will be declined. Bankruptcies must be discharged. Liens and judgments must be paid
2. Government ID? If you do not have a social security number, we will require: proof of foreign citizenship; verification of income; landlord references. We also want some sort of government ID with your picture (usually a drivers license, a passport is great).
3. Do you have pets or animals? Pets are dependent on the owner’s wishes. Pet rent: $25 to $50 per pet, depending on size and pet score. Additional, refundable deposits. All pets must be fixed, adult and friendly. Pet-animal application submitted to bluesage.petscreening.com. Pets approved on a case by case basis.
4. Do you have funds to move? First, last and security are needed to secure a property, needed within 24 hours of approval.
5. Criminal Background? Felonies and Misdemeanors for which the applicant was convicted or is charged that are of a nature that would adversely affect property of the landlord or a tenant or the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment of the premises of the residents, the landlords or the landlord's agent may be denied. In accordance to fair housing laws established by the State of Washington and the State of Idaho, in matters relating to criminal conviction history, circumstances and mitigating facts that may be considered include: nature, quantity and severity of criminal activities; age of individual at time of offense; evidence of rehabilitation and treatment efforts; restitution of damages; and length of time since the last offence. Management will screen for criminal convictions for crimes against person or property. Crimes listed below, as well as substantially similar crimes, may result in denial of the application: Murder, Manslaughter, Assault, Robbery, Rape, Child Molestation, Solicitation of a Minor for Immoral Purpose, Registration Requirement under Federal or State Sex Offender Registration Act, Kidnapping, Burglary, Arson, Delivery of a Controlled Substance, Possession of a Controlled Substance, Manufacturing of a Controlled Substance Applicant(s) with an arrest and pending criminal case will be evaluated based upon the facts of the underlying case to determine if conduct justifies exclusion as a threat to others or property. If the applicant has a criminal case pending, the application will be put on hold until the case has been finalized. Applicant(s) will not be approved until a criminal case is finalized.