Summary of Requirements
- 2+ years excellent landlord history: At least two years of verifiable contractual rental history from a third party landlord, or home ownership. The longer you stayed at previous places, the better your chances.
- Income 3x rent: A verifiable job offer letter, recent pay stubs or tax forms from your accountant. High debts, collections and liens will have an impact. We count income from all adults on the lease. The more stable your job or career is, the better your chances.
- Credit: The better your credit score, the better your chances. Bankruptcies must be discharged.
- Pets: Pets are dependent on the owner’s wishes. We evaluate pets and service animals via bluesage.petscreening.com. All pets must be fixed, adult and friendly. Dogs will be individually reviewed for size, breed and temperament.
- We check criminal, collections, evictions, etc. Please ask for our written policies if it may be an issue.
- We do not accept portable applications. The application fee is $50 per adult.
- We may use a variety of 3rd party credit reporting companies (Appfolio, Freerentalsite, TenantData, Orca).
- Applicants have the right to obtain a free copy of the consumer report in the event of an adverse action, and the right to dispute any information on the report.
- You may be denied because of insufficient rental history, poor credit, recent criminal convictions, pet not approved and/or insufficient income.
Why Rent with Blue Sage?
- We support all federal and local Fair Housing laws.
- Locks are changed and carpets cleaned before every move in.
- You can pay rent via electronic payment or check.
- We do everything we can to handle repair requests promptly.
- Our repairmen are expected to provide prompt, courteous service. Let us know if you find otherwise.
- Security deposits are held in trust by the company.
- Property Management is our full time job. We are members of NARPM, the National Association of Residential Property Managers.
- Application fees may be refundable if we have an application ahead of yours. We run applications first come first served.